Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Trip to Florida

Hey everyone,
Just trying now to catch back up with things as far as my blog goes. At the end of January of this year, the Lord opened an AWESOME door of opportunity. I was able to go to Florida with a couple chaplains and minister in 2 different correctional facilities. While I was there for 2 weeks, I was able to teach the inmates two different seminars which are called the Anger Resolution Seminar and the Basic Seminar. Both of these seminars have life changing principles that are founded in the Word of God which I KNOW deeply impacted the lives of the inmates. The first seminar I put on I had about 80 inmates attend and the 2nd I put on about 60. All in all God showed Himself mighty on my behalf because I know that I was very inadequate for the job. Also, I am indebted to my faithful brothers and sisters in Christ who were all praying for me, and because of that God sent a supernatural peace to both of the facilities I worked at!!!
The reason for this trip was 2 fold; for one that it would confirm God's calling in my life and secondly, that I would know what I needed to do to prepare myself to be more affective in that field. God did BOTH!!! I am definitly convinced that this is God's calling for my life and I don't doubt it. I am right now looking at getting an accredited bachelors degree so that I can possibly become a chaplain in order to get more one on one time with the inmates. Please keep my in your prayers as I continue to seek God's direction with my parents blessing in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment