Wow, so much has gone on! This morning we got back from a family reunion on my Mom's side, at about 12 am. It went well and I am glad we were able to go. It was our desire that by God's grace we would be able to be a witness to those we came in contact with! The Lord provided a beautiful day for the reunion which I am grateful for. While we were there, I had the privileged of meeting to of my relatives who's ages were 6 and 7. Theses two little boys were full of energy and they could not help but to run around and play things like hide and go seek, hunting for "fat mooses and deers" and freeze tag which games I played with them! As I spent time playing games or walking around a couple of ponds with one of their hands on mine...I am just reminded that God wants me to be like that......a child! God can't use me stuck up and proud. I find myself so many times that way. But quietly my Heavenly Father waits for me to humble myself as a child and to put my hand in His; walking by faith and not by sight. Recently, the Lord has been mightily drawing me closer to Himself, and the closer I come the more I feel like a helpless child needing care from my Father. The words Jesus Christ spoke about children are forever etched in my mind..."But Jesus said,
Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 19:14
May we as followers of Christ always receive God's grace (which is the power and desire to do His will) to humble ourselves and become as children, so that the Lord may use us to impact the world for His glory! God bless you all!!! :)
"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matt. 18:2-6
No comments:
Post a Comment