Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Reality of Farm Life...


Many times we Americans take for granted sooooo many things. Even our basic necessities are many times taken for granted such as food, shelter and clothing. This post is just a simple reality check and helps put in perspective the work, effort and blessing that is in attaining these things ! Yesterday Dad, Tom, Joey, Danny, Johny and I went to help some friends butcher chickens. Believe it or not, I really do enjoy this process compared to processing steer, deer or larger animals for food. Chickens are quick and easy especially if you have many hands! We were able to process over 60 broilers in just a couple hours. Yes, I know this is not the prettiest thing to see in the world, but I am just thankful to have the privilege to get pasture fed organic chicken!!! ;D










"He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame." Proverbs 10:5

No comments:

Post a Comment