The Lord has opened up another door of opportunity for me to go to Florida and present the IBLP Basic and Anger Seminar in the prisons. I was able to do this last year about this time and the Lord GREATLY blessed it!!! I will be going with Chaplain Holyfield and a couple other Chaplains to cover several different prisons while we are in Florida for 2 weeks. I will be flying out to meet with them in Arkansas this Friday and then driving over the weekend to Florida to begin the Seminars on the up coming Monday. I CANNOT wait and I am soooooo excited to see what the Lord is going to do through this time!
Prison ministry I know is definitely the calling the Lord has given me. My hearts cry is that God would remove anything from my life that would hinder my effectiveness in this area. I so desire that these inmates be set free and that the heavy burdens which they bear may be loosed, so that they can walk in complete freedom with the Maker! But I find a dilemma and a very obvious one too...and that is that I in NO way can do or accomplish anything outside of God flowing through me. But this is simple to God and definitely is not a dilemma to Him, He just wants me to submit and obey!
I can relate to what Joseph said when Pharaoh was questioning him about his ability to reveal dreams, " And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace." . Genesis 41:16 But amidst all this, something happened that I know changed my WHOLE experience of going last year and that only strengthened my hands to fulfill the calling God had given me. This was the prayers of dear brothers and sisters in Christ who I KNOW were holding me up before God's throne and interceding for me. Last year I literally watched God go before me and I truly believe it was because people were praying! WOW...you talk about being humbled by knowing that people where praying!!!!
So I guess in short, if you think of me especially during the dates of January 24 - February 4th in which times I will be active within the different prisons, please pray. Please pray for 2 things specifically: 1.) That I would be a completely UNHINDERED vessel that God could use to impact the lives of the inmates and (2.) That the inmates hearts would be totally open to receiving the truth of God which can set them free! Thank you all sooo much and I know I don't deserve your prayers the least bit, but if you do think of me I would be sooooo grateful if you could pray! God bless you all and I will try my best to keep you all posted. Blessings!
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified." Isaiah 61:1-3

Will be praying. God bless you, Nate!
ReplyDeletePraying...
ReplyDeleteHeb. 12:1-3