The Lord continues to do a LOT of awesome things in my
life...but by awesome I don’t necessarily mean fun, having a good-old-time with
friends and hobby’s or being satisfied with all the things the world has to
offer. No, I mean AWESOME…God inspiring moments, moments of pain that bring a
deeper and more intimate walk with the Lord, times of purging and times of
delighting in God’s presence! Awesome moments are when you find yourself in
God’s presence…that’s’ it! Unfortunately, the world have used this word in the
most degrading, perverted and on the most self-seeking terms, not taking the simple
effort to think of what they are really saying.
Awe in the Noah Webster’s 1828 dictionary means:
AWE, n. aw. [Dan. aye, fear, awe,
chastisement, discipline ; aver, to chastise or correct; Gr. wyac~,to be
astonished. Qu. Ir. ag/i; Sax. ege, or oga, fear; Goth. agjan,
or ogan, to dread. It would appear that the primary sense of the Dan. is
to strike, or check.] 1. Fear mingled with admiration or reverence; reverential
fear. Stand in awe and sin not. Ps. iv. 2. Fear; dread inspired by
something great, or terrific. AWE, a. t. To strike with fear
andreverence ; to influence by fear, terror or respect ; as, his majesty awed
them into silence.
I had the privilege and opportunity to spend last Friday at
a State Park here in TX called
Enchanted Rock. I and the three other guys that
I have had the privilege of working with here at
IMI, had a wonderful
time of enjoying God’s BEAUTFUL nature and serene! This park gets its name from
a H.U.G.E. hill of granite rock that was formed like a dome. In the park you
can hike, climb, camp and enjoy the small streams and big boulders that just
seem to be tottering on the steep incline of the main rock.
I thank the Lord for the opportunity we were given just to
enjoy His AWESOME nature that simply magnifies His Holy NAME! Here are some pictures
that I was able to get of the landscape…and yes, it IS awesome because our
Creator made it that way!
 |
| The Enchanted Rock |
 |
| Preparing For a Hike! |
 |
| The Beauty of TX! |
 |
| ...there B.I.G.!!! |
 |
| Set On Edge... |
 |
| Different...But Unique! |
 |
| Looking From Underneath! |
 |
| Dripping Water |
 |
| Adam... |
 |
| Granite Rock |
 |
| The Rock-top View...AWESOME!!! |
 |
| Again...this IS TEXAS! |
 |
| God's Beauty In the "Small" Things |
 |
| Your Furry Friend...or not so much! |
 |
| Split Rock... |
 |
| Living LIFE! |
 |
| At The Waters... |
 |
| Laying Quiet and Still |
 |
| Yes, We Did Skip Rocks too... :D!!! |
 |
| Their 3, But Not Friendly! |
 |
| Trying to Climb...It IS Steep!!! |
“And when he was come nigh, even now at the
descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to
rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had
seen; 38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name
of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. 39 And some of the Pharisees from
among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. 40 And he answered and said unto
them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would
immediately cry out.”
Luke 19:37-40
I love the verse at the end. I didn't think of that verse when I climbed to the top of Enchanted Rock in 1995 with family and relatives.
ReplyDelete