
Every individual raindrop brings a life giving birth to new
existence for ALL creation! Without rain man, beast and all of creation would quickly
dissolve into nothingness. God is the one who brings the rain just like James
1:17 states, “Every good gift and every perfect
gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no
variableness, neither shadow of turning.” Without this simply
little blessing, man would die.
In studying God’s Word, you will quickly find references
speaking of rain which are directly tied to God’s blessing or curse upon a
nation or people. The Father is the One who sends these showers of blessings
upon a desperate and needy creation. Here at IMI, we have been praying for rain
and GOD has answered in a marvelous way that has been etched into my heart and
that has put another piece into the puzzle of my life in knowing God more intimately!
Just a couple days ago I was quite discouraged and overwhelmed.
I decided to turn to the Fountain of Life in God’s Word which has promised me
everything I am and will ever need in
Him! As I started spending time at the Father’s feet, it was not long before
His Holy Spirit began ministering to my weary soul. He prompted me to read
through the Psalm of the day in sets of 30 and in so doing, I came to Psalm 68.
As I began to read this passage, I started coming across scriptures which spoke
directly to me but I was at first unwilling to believe they were really a Word
from the Lord due to a selfish focus upon ME. But the Lord challenged me to
“Embrace My Word” and so I looked back at one verse which I had at first paid
no real attention to, it was verse 9 which reads, “Thou,
O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine
inheritance, when it was weary.”
Wow, what a jewel I had just tread under my feet because of
my self-centered view of the circumstances and situations which where seeming
to loom around me! As I began to receive this verse as a Word from the Lord, lo
and behold a literal storm front had been moving in and was beginning to bring
SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS! Did this happen by chance, could not this have just been
a coincidence? My answer to these questions are absolutely not; but you ask "why" and I answer, “My
sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (John
10:27) You say, "What does this verse have to do with anything?", I say, Well, if you spend time with the
Shepherd you WILL know His voice when He speaks to you, it is that simple. J
This verse was truly a breath of fresh air and a tower of
encouragement as I rested upon the confidence of my Father’s covenant love for
me, for He has told me “I will never
leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Heb. 13:5b) Wow, praise the Lord
that I in fact serve a God who is real and unlike any god or religion, lives
within me and is my life! He is my life and I claim Him as exactly that and no
different!
So please take time to count your blessings and give your
Father the recognition and love which He so intimately desires from His
covenant children! He inhabits your praise and loves you just as much as He
loves Himself! Don’t be discouraged or downhearted, your Father cares more than what you
understand and desires fellowship with you which surpasses the deepest longings
of the human soul! You ARE loved!!!
Here are some pictures of different work projects we have been doing around campus...
 |
| Yard cleanup.... |
 |
| Pulling Weeds in the Garden...LOL... |
 |
| Our faithful work truck, "Old Gray".... |
 |
| Onsite Firemen... ;) |
 |
| Burning Brush... |
 |
| Weed whacking.... |
 |
| A true ranch vehicle that does that job.... |
 |
| Waterfall Rock Work... |
 |
| Patio Rock Work... |
Here are some fun pictures I took of some others activities and nature shots...
 |
| A R 15 |
 |
| Barn swallows flying in the sunset.... |
God bless you all!!! :)
Thanks for sharing bro!....:)...that's awesome!...:)
ReplyDeleteTotally awesome, Nate! I love it! =) Prayin' for you...God bless!!! =)
ReplyDeleteHey Nate, that's amazing: it was not long before you posted this that the Lord led me to make "rain" the subject for a message at church. After hauling 200 gallons of water in buckets with my brothers to the young trees that needed it earlier this year, we had a new appreciation for the amazing thing God does in a single rain shower!!! On June 18 I shared some of the same words that God gave you on our blog! http://staddonfamily.com/2012/06/18/i-will-pour-water-upon-him-that-is-thirsty/
ReplyDeleteAs I looked at what the Bible said about rain there was many beautiful insights that came from it. God uses rain to display both mercy and judgment, and He both gives and withholds rain in His soverignty for specific reasons. Rain also is a picture of spiritual blessing, of God's Word, of the Holy Spirit, and of Jesus Christ. Most importantly God wants us to be involved in the greatest watering job of all time "pouring water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground" using the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. It brings me great joy to see you doing that Nate! God bless you!