One of the most encouraging things during this week, was when the Lord showed me His love by confirming through an inmate His will for me to be there at that prison, doing prison ministry at that time for a specific purpose. Let me tell you how it came about...
I started the seminar Monday morning in the barracks of the Pal Program. These inmates make up a unique training program that enables those who are apart of it to receive foundational biblical principles of life and an environment to put them into practice. As I started the seminar out in this barracks, there was a "head inmate" who kind of helped facilitate the program along side of me.
The reason why this is so significant, is because before coming and working under the IBLP Prison Seminars in Little Rock AR, I was searching for the will of God on the issue of coming and I read a pamphlet that was given to me from someone, which shared a testimony of an inmate who was living for himself but had been drastically changed through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
As I read that pamphlet several months ago while I was seeking God's will in this matter, the Lord used it and many other things to confirm His direction for me to come to AR and serve in the IBLP Prison Seminars...the man who wrote this testimony was the very inmate who I was working alongside to facilitate the Basic Seminar...who would have known that I would end up at his prison to do a Basic Seminar under his supervision and help!!! ONLY GOD WOULD HAVE!!!!
This is just another confirmation out of MANY the Lord has given me that has only strengthened my heart in knowing that the Lord has me here in His will for an AWESOME purpose, and that is solely to glorify Him and Him alone!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH again for your prayers, because the Lord heard them and planted seeds which will in no doubt grow to bear spiritual fruit in the lives of these inmates!
Blessings!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." Corinthians 2:9
Thanks Nate! That is encouraging! Praise the Lord for giving you such clear direction through this man!
ReplyDeleteLovely, Nate!
ReplyDelete