…for FAMILY!
“Behold, how good
and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”
Psalm 133:1
I cannot express the gratitude that I have in my heart to
God for my family. They are invaluable to me and a treasure which I will ALWAYS
cherish.
In many ways, while being away from my family has been
one of the hardest challenges that I have experienced in moving to Florida, it
has been one of the best things that I have experienced. Why? I have found that it is when something
has been taken from you that you come to find its true value. I can quickly take for
granted what I always have available to me and therefore underestimate its
worth.
As I spent time with the family over Thanksgiving, I was
AMAZED at how much unity and love there was that drew us all together. For one,
most commonly in family circles it is a feat alone just to get everyone
together for family reunions, but it is a whole other thing to keep them
together without constantly bickering and fighting with one another. As I
thought about this over the past weekend, it dawned on me why our family was so
unified…
You see, Jesus Christ was the
central theme of our family reunion. It was His Spirit that drew us together
and it is His Spirit that keeps us together. There is no such thing as unity
without CHRIST! Christ is the central part that brings all things together to
represent Himself and His awesome nature.
So in short, I am not only thankful for my family but also
for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who made it possible for me to enjoy my
family and to fellowship with them in a harmony that reflects Him and His Heavenly Father!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Thanksgiving with Family...





























No comments:
Post a Comment