Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The QUESTION????

It’s easy to get wrapped up in the “yesterdays” of life, but what is God doing in your heart today? Is your relationship with the Lord stagnate? Have you heard from Him today? What did He tell you? Where is He leading you?

DO YOU TRUST HIM?

Life is FULL of questions, but it is amazing to find that the answer to many of these questions are found in the question itself. God never calls us to something because we are able to accomplish it; He calls us to the impossible. If God is asking you to do something that you think you can handle or accomplish, God is most likely not the One doing the calling. You see, it is not in our ability that God can use us, it is in our inability. There is an amazing peace, joy and comfort that comes when we realize this simple but profound truth…but the question is how does this all work!?

A verse that the Lord has had me meditating on over and over again gives a stunning answer to so many of our perplexing questions in life, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20) In every question there is usually an underlying question, “How can I get this done?” God’s intention is not to make a better ME; God’s purpose in ALL things is to magnify His Son who was selfless.

In Watcman Nee’s book called “The Normal Christian Life”, he makes this incredibly inspired statement that echoes this thought, “In all his (God’s) dealings with us he works by taking us out of the way and substituting Christ in our place.” Oh that I would come to realize that it is not about the dead Nate Paine and his dead abilities, but it IS about the resurrected Jesus Christ and Him with LIVING POWER!!!  I heard one very wise person state something to this affect, “Those who prepare to die learn how to live, and those who hold on to life have nothing to live for.”; is this true in your life?

Are WE so concerned about OUR question getting answered that WE completely inhibit God from answering it?

So here is the real question that might just help to answer all of our questions, “Am I standing in the way of GOD answering me? “ If God is the Answer, what is our question? If God is the Solution, what is our problem?

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 15:7-8



No comments:

Post a Comment