Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Beautiful Day...

Well, I think this post might just be a "quick one". Today I was able to share some more with these men and it seemed as though they are REALLY grasping the truth. Honestly I can say this with ALL of my heart "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 1:4) This has been one of the greatest blessings of all the trip so far; that is to see these inmates grasping the truth! Tomorrow will be my last day at the Gulf Correctional Institution and I am NOT looking forward to leaving behind the new relationships I have built with these inmates. But I know more work needs to be done in other places so I must go...and I know that God has gone before me at the other prison so I am excited!

Well.......before I end this post I wanted to share with all you who are praying for me a testimony that just happened yesterday at my prison. I believe you will be encouraged to know that my Daddy DOES and IS looking out for me. This is what happened..............

When going to the ANY prison I carry with me two of the most critical things to get into a FL prison, you might be able to guess them....my drivers license and my Florida Correctional Pin number (this is basically my identity to the officers in FL who manage the Correctional facilities and it holds all my prison volunteer status on it). Well, I was going about my normal activities yesterday in the chapel and I ended up in the chaplains office just sitting and talking as the inmates left the chapel. All of the sudden one of the Orderlies (these are inmates who have earned special privileges do to good conduct and character) came into the office and laid on the desk something that TOTALLY shocked me + gave me a good scare! It was my Indiana drivers license!!!!!! Evidently as all the inmates where leaving the chapel I had bent over and my drivers license had fallen out onto the ground from my front pocket. Now the question comes to mind...what are the chances of an inmate returning someones drivers license and what are the chances that this only fell out of my pocket when the Orderlies were around? As I think about it, I know God was watching out for me and continues to! So thank you for your prayers and Lord willing tomorrow the inmates will be graduating from the Advance Seminar with their certificates! Praise the Lord! God bless you all and have a wonderfully blessed night! Be encouraged in the Lord because I AM!!! :D

Ps. Here are some shots I took this morning at the place where we are staying. We are staying in a house on a spring fed river. This river is the cleanest river in the United States!




1 comment: