Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Memories, memories and more MEMORIES!!!

This Christmas was full of fun memories and times of encouragement and blessing which the Paine family will never forget! It is not so much the place or time you celebrate it that makes the memory, but the people you spend it with! The Bates family from Tennessee spent Christmas with our family and let me tell you, it was a BLAST!!!

Games, fellowship, hikes, shooting, amazing meals and more was the course of the short week we had to spend with this family! Our family has been blessed in more ways than what we can even count, because of having the privilege of getting to know the Bates! It was NOT chance that the Lord brought this family into our lives! I think one of the greatest blessings that our family has received by getting know them, is seeing the example of Christlike love pouring out of their hearts towards others, even complete strangers!

The Bates family has fulfilled the well known passage found in Matthew 25:34-40,


"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:  35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.  37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?  38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?  39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?  40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. "

In short, our time with the Bates family over Christmas was a time of giving, sharing and allowing the love of the Lord to flow out of one person to another as we celebrated Christ's coming to earth to bring the love of God to mankind!

Here are some pictures from the week...




































Memories...memories and MORE memories!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was the BEST Christmas I EVER had!!
    Thanks for posting Bro!

    ~ Chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very blessed to know the Bates, as well. They are a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete