I don't know what is in the future for this year, but I do know Who holds the future!!! Therefore Philippians 1:6 is place of refuge for me knowing, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" I am so glad that all my responsibility consists of is abiding in a personal relationship with the Lord and that if I do this, my Father will take care of EVERYTHING else!!! Matthew 6:33 says this, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
As a New Year comes on the scene, many people plan and make what they call "New Years Resolutions" which are many times not kept and are only made for conscience sake, but the Lord did bring something to mind last night. This is not a "New Years Resolution" or something "New" that I am trying to accomplish this year, but instead it is a passage of scripture that has been the out cry of my heart for a long time and continues to be, it is found in Psalm 27:4, "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."
If anything happens this year, this one thing must always continue to be my one and only focus, because Proverbs 3:6 says, "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." The Shepherd is always willing to lead His sheep, but His sheep MUST be willing to follow! So as 2013 begins to blossom and unfold, may our one and only desire be to walk closer and go deeper in a relationship with our Heavenly Father who loves us and has given Himself for us!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years IN Him!
" That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;" ~ Philippians 3:10
Ps. If you have a chance, please take time to read the whole chapter of Philippians 3...it will REALLY encourage you!!!
Great post! May God bless you with all of His many blessings! :)
ReplyDelete