Sunday, February 9, 2014

"See it better"


God confirmed a very important truth in my life that I won’t ever see the same again...

I, along with a group of others, were able to take a day learn how to shoot sporting clay's under the guidance of a competition skeet shooter. As he carefully taught us proper firearm safety and how to effectively master this sport, he kept on referring back to a principle that has been deeply etched in my mind…this principle is summed up in the phrase "see it better". While we trained and learned, I found that one of the most important keys in shooting skeet is to keep a single focus on the clay bird.

It was so amazing, because I had been taught that you first put your focus on the barrel and the bead at the end of the barrel (which was only a distraction) and THEN find the clay bird and shoot it, but it usually never worked. I learned not to make these things my focus, but instead to intently concentrate on the exact spot of the clay bird that I needed to hit once it was up in the air, and THEN pull the trigger. IT WORKED EVERY TIME!!!

The truth told me one thing while my circumstances told me something almost completely different. I had been used to making my shot based upon surrounding circumstances that changed. I had to trust the truth over the circumstances and when I did, I never failed to hit the target. So it is in a relationship with God; our downfall is when we place the circumstances around us as our reality instead of the truth of God’s Word. It is absolutely essential to make the “ONE THING the ONE THING”  and everything else automatically falls right into place like it was designed to be. This requires you to “see it better”!

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
~ Proverbs 3:5-6 ~

Here are some pictures of our time together…






















(Warning: this does NOT negate any safety requirements or precautions that should or must be taken when handling or shooting a firearm!)

No comments:

Post a Comment