Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Faith...the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen......

       Last night I sat down and tried to put together a post for my blog...it was a battle the whole way. Once I finally finished it I just couldn't post it because I didn't think I could really explain all that has been going on. No, thankfully I am not talking about things in the prison but instead in my own personal life. Just recently, I found out some things that have totally shook the foundation on which I have been standing on. Yesterday, I found out something that I totally wasn't expecting to hear and that hit me blind side. At times like this I am really tempted to be fearful and question my ever faithful Father, but He is always kneeling right beside me and holding my hand. I can't complain about why all these things are happening, I just have to trust and have TOTAL surrender through faith. It really seems as though Satan is standing right behind me just waiting to trip me up and to distract me from my relationship with the Lord. But I look up in these kind of times and I find my Help!
       But on the other hand while it seems as though Satan is trying to buffet me...victory is sure over the Evil one and it is happening behind razor wire and electrified fences! Tomorrow will be my last day presenting the Advance Seminar to close to 50 inmates in a maximum prison. ( this prisons security level is one step underneath Super Max where death row inmates are held) It has been quite interesting to see God work in this prison because every prison is run differently. This particular prison is quite disorganized and it is not run like any other prison that I have been in. But never the less, God seems to touch these inmate's hearts and speak to them despite all the distraction that goes on all around us.
      Today, I was sitting in chapel and the DVD was going and I was just really wondering if God was working in the hearts of these inmates...no sooner had that thought crossed my mind when an inmate got up and walked from the front of the chapel to the back and told me something that has TRULY made it worth while! He told me that God told him to tell me, that no matter if it looks like these inmates are not getting anything out of it and even if it looks like they could care less for the seminar, he said that I should not worry because I don't know when God will use this in a key time in their lives. I was like ...WOW! Praise the Lord!!! :D
     So I am encouraged and the neat thing about this group of men is that, instead of me having to share testimonies with them to get them comfortable enough to open up, they have ALREADY begun coming to me and sharing deep hurts and needs that are in their lives! This truly is a work of the Lord and I give Him all the credit for it! So if you think of me, please pray that God would continue the WONDERFULLY AWESOME work that He has begun and that each one of these inmates would truly find lasting peace and hope! God bless you all and Lord willing I will post tomorrow night and tell you how the closing of the seminar went! :)

 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isa 26:3 

2 comments:

  1. God bless you bro ... hang in there. Fight the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nate... this is amazing!!! Just this morning Jake was texting me and it made me think of how you guys have been texting Jake which reminded me of your time in Florida.... long story short, God reminded me to pray for you! =P But I just wanted you to know that you are being prayed for... by lots! This is SUCH an amazing opportunity God has given you!! You are truly blessed Nate. And even though it seems hard, I pray that you will stay faithful to HIM. The Almighty, Ever Loving Father! May God richly bless your last day....
    In Christ,
    ~Gianna

    "For the Lord your God will hold your right hand saying, 'Fear not, I will help you'." Isaiah 41:13

    ReplyDelete