Monday, August 1, 2011

God's MATCHLESS Grace...

     Again, I stand amazed, overwhelmed and humbled about my Father's gentle hand at work in the hearts and lives of many young men! I am remind of the lyrics to the hymn "I Stand Amazed":

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Chorus:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!


I guess the most exciting part of the Journey, is that the Spirit of  God does the work and nothing else! During this time, I have personally seen lives literally transformed before my eyes...it's AMAZING. I saw men who were lovers of themselves turn, and are now lovers after the Lord seeking for a personal relationship with Him.
     In my own walk with the Lord, God again used this time to break me. It wasn't easy, but the fruit and freedom that continues to come as I listened to the Holy Spirit's voice is immeasurable.While I was on the Journey, the Lord exposed a lie in my life that I had been believing...a lie that had kept me in bondage and a lie that was destroying me. The lie could have simply been resolved by truth, but yet I had pridefully overlooked it and disregard the consequences of my decision.
     This lie I had believed was, "If you have failed morally in your life once or twice, but yet you are now having "freedom" and have "conquered" it, you don't need to confess it to your authorities". The Lord showed me very clearly that this lie had given ground to Satan to keep me bound from victory. The tool that the Lord used to expose this lie is the DVD by Paul and Jenny Speed on Openness and Brokenness.
     I am excited to see how the Lord will continue to work not only in my life, but in the lives of all the Journey young men! Please keep the Journey guys in your prayers, because I know that for some of them this is the very beginning of a new Life. I truly heard God's voice while I was up at the Northwoods, and I will NEVER regret going or the experience of this time alone with the Lord!
     My challenge to you all would be, MAKE the time to spend with the Lord and you WILL reap the rewards of an intimate walk with Him that you will never regret...do this no matter the cost! May God richly bless you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your faithful prayers...I can truly attest that God moved mountains this past week and He will continue to!!!

Here are some pictures that I took on the Journey, I hope you are encouraged by them!!!








































"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment