Today I and another chaplain from IBLP had the opportunity to start the Basic Seminar at the Tucker Maximum Security Prison in Arkansas . The Lord's presence was there and we have around 24 inmates or so attending. But the highlight of the day, was when I had the opportunity to take a tour of what the inmates call the "hole" and of a section of the prison which certain inmates where under strict isolation.
All inmates who are in the "hole" are those who have forcefully violated the rules of the prison while having been incarcerated and are therefore placed in single cell confinement under close supervision. They only get let out of their cell 1 hour out of every 24 to get some air outside and a very limited amount of exercise/stretching.
These are the caliber of inmates that I have had the greatest desire to minister to and today I had a WIDE door of opportunity to do just that! As I walked pasted the different cells, I had the privilege of speaking with some and even praying with one who was sick...it was SO AWESOME!!! Yes, I did face opposition as soon as I entered the "hole", as far as a heavy oppressive spirit, but I soon found out that light overcomes darkness and I was reminded that I was coming in as the Light of the world! (Matthew 5:16)
So thank you, thank you and THANK YOU to all who are praying for me, because I know Father was with me and the inmates I met are a witness to the testimony of Jesus Christ which I bare! Please continue to pray as the seminar will be continued till Friday! I am excited to see what the Lord has already done and what He will continue to do! Blessings!
Thanks for the update Nate! It helps me remember to pray for you when I hear what's going on.
ReplyDelete